Friday, July 16, 2010

Really?! why me?

So the Monday after the Fourth of July Josh had the day off work so we took the kids up to Seattle for the day.We met Josh's brother and his wife and kids there. We were headed to the Seattle center-the area underneath the Space Needle.There is a really neat HUGE fountain there, one bigger than I have ever seen in my life, they also have a place called the Fun FOrest, which has mini amusement rides. Anyways so we get up to Seattle, park the car, and start walking to the fountain where we were meeting Mike and Sonia. As we are walking we start to pass through this area, that has quite a bit of trees and some lamp posts. Josh is walking ahead of me with the Stroller, and I am hobbling behind. The next thing I know a big crow swoops down from a lamp post and attacks my head and then flies off. I start SCreaming, do you blame me?! Holy cow!or Holy Crow! I ran as fast as my awkward pregnant body would let me to Josh,I bury my head in his chest. I tell him what happened and he laughs- hard- really hard! I was mad, but I looking back, I would have laughed too.So as I am standing there my face in his chest, still squealing, the crow comes back down from a nearby tree and gets my head again. Josh is really laughing now, and so are a bunch of other people walking by. grr. Josh says "we should see if it gets anybody else walking by." So I turn around and watch the dumb bird, perched up high on a lamp post and nothing.People walked by and it just sat there. So at this point I decided it was best for me to leave the area.Obviously it had a personal problem with me. The rest of the day was fun and crow free.

5 comments:

McAnally Family said...

Sorry but i have to laugh out loud at this to. Crows are crazy! A lady my mother-in-law works with had a bunch of crows living by her house. she made one mad she couldn't even walk out of her house with out being swarmed by them. At least the rest of your day was crow free!! O and i love going to that fountain thanks for reminding me about it. it has been a few years since i have been there.

shellysanford said...

LOL!

Kristi M. said...

That is pretty funny!

Laura said...

Oh Emily! That is hilarious! I'd say it was a messenger from me to say hello (since I am a Bird), but my messenger would not have been so persistent.

Brent Orton said...

:-) Maybe it loved your hairspray! I always love your hair too! :-) Tanya