Sunday, May 23, 2010

Miss Rainy's Fancy Nancy Princess Tea Party Birthday


Rainy's Party was great, she had everyone come she invited, they were all excited to come, she got great gifts, the party was fun, everything looked great(I thought) but it was a lot of work! I was so tired after it was over yesterday.I was definitely happy about my day of rest today. But here are the details of the day.



-We all got up super late-nice!



-The boys went and got some Balloons








-Rainy and I got her all dolled up for the occasion- Undid her sponge curlers, painted fingernails, makeup, etc.-We finished all the last minute prep for the party


- We waited


-Daddy went and got dressed up in his "butler" suit and got into Character-Hilarious!



- We waited more



- The guests arrived



- The "princesses" made their crowns.(I bought foam crowns that were covered in glitter and some fun stickers and rhinestones to stick on them) They all turned out SOOO cute!



- We played musical chairs, until everyone decided it wasn't that fun of a game and so I just handed out the prizes to everyone anyways- Tinkerbell stamp rings!Rainy had some mascara running after this game. But it was her party, she could cry if she wanted to.:)
- Then it was time for the Tea Party, "The butler" and I served the girls their treats with their pink lemonade. They all chose which tea cup they wanted(all from the Goodwill, including Rainy's Fancy Happy Birthday one- love that place!)



- The girls all giggled at Josh who was SUCH a character!




- Then we opened presents, Rainy got some cool stuff, she loved it all!

- Then we had the cake! We sang to Rainy, she blew out the candles.



- Then we gave everyone a teacup full of treats and sent them on their merry way.



It was so wonderful to have some new friends to get to know better and that were happy to come and celebrate with us, along with Rainy's grandma(Karen) and her two girl cousins, Lana and Susana.I had so much fun planning everything with Rainy and I loved that Josh got into it too.He stayed up late making the cake, being my second opinion on Rainy's Lelli kelly shoes and was great being Rainy's butler for her party. It was a great week of Birthday for Rainy, and me too I guess. I love being her Mommy!




























4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! That was Fancy!! Glad everything turned out well! Wish I could have been there.....

shellysanford said...

That is too cute!

Kristi M. said...

I love that you found the teacups at the Goodwill, even the really cute Happy Birthday one. I can totally picture Josh as a super funny butler too.

Brent Orton said...

What a fun birthday party!!!! Rainy is such a sweet Fancy Nancy!!!! I bet everyone had a great time! Way to go you two! PS - it was fun to see you at church a few weeks ago! I was sad I didn't get a chance to come talk to you! Hope life is going great!