Sunday, June 6, 2010

Saturday Birthday events

In Gig Harbor, which is a few minutes away from us they have the Maritime Festival every June. So our little family went on Saturday to this, as a part of Stellar's Birthday festivities. We had lots of fun. Their were LOTS of free kids booths there, with lots of fun stuff to do. The kids colored and got balloons, watched a very funny puppet show, jumped in a bounce house and got to fish for trout-Which was probably the most fun. There was a company there that had set up this BIG metal tub full of trout. Then kids would line up and wait to fish, when it was their turn one of the volunteers at the booth would help the kids put bait on the line, hold the rod and catch the fish. Both of our kids did it and it was so fun to see the joy in their face as they caught the fish.
In this last picture Josh told Stellar to kiss the fish, I don' think he ever made contact, but he did pucker up. Soo cute!


After the festival we went and got some lunch and found a nice little area with a fountain and shade.It was very relaxing.The kids loved dipping their toes in the water. The weather was AMAZING! Josh and I got sunburns, in Washington, can you believe it?!



It was a great day. The weather was perfect, the day was perfect, and I am glad we celebrated on Friday and Saturday, because today, Stellar'sreal birthday, it rained.
Stellar is such a blessing in my life, and in my families life. He brings joy beyond measure to me personally and I know to others. I love him and feel such a mother-son bond with him. He has such a easy going way about him. I love that he tries to be a little comedian. He is so special to me. I am so glad he is Mine. Happy Birthday my sweet sweet boy!

3 comments:

shellysanford said...

cute! cute!He is getting big, I can't believe that him and leah are 2!

Kurt and Michelle said...

Looks like so much fun! We almost ended up in Washington as well, it would have been fun to see you more, if you are ever in Eastern Idaho make sure to give us a call we miss all our Boise friends. Hope all is well for you guys.

Heidi said...

Thank you for posting!! I love looking at the captured moments of the babies!! (who will always be called that, btw) They are so dear to my heart. The one of Rainy looking at her fish KILLS me!! And the joy in Stellars face is just adorable. Glad you had a good time...we sure enjoyed our visit and thanks again for the hospitality!! Love you!